Muskeg Lake Cree Nation offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with great benefits, and a strong team of professionals. Muskeg Lake Cree Nation is currently hiring an Experienced Grader Operator for our Community of Muskeg Lake Cree Nation.
Reporting to the O&M Manager, the job of the Grader Operator is the safe and efficient operation of the Grader in Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, county roads. The Grader Operator moves material with the blade and or wing and controls the direction and angle of the equipment to clear the roadways.
Skills & Qualifications
The responsibilities of the Grader operator include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the Grader in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Understand, interpret and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area.
- Drive Grader in successive passes over the surface using the controls to regulate height and angle of the Grader blade/wing to ensure roadways are cleared.
- Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine depth of the blade
. • Perform pre and post trip inspections which requires climbing on equipment.
- Ensure Grader is in proper gear, and is not moving too fast for working conditions.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics. Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special initiatives, as required.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, subcontractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture
. • Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections as required.
- Work with the O&M Manager to investigate damage, incidents or near misses on the worksite, and ensure proper procedures are carried out according to the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation policy.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the well-being of others. Skills, Knowledge,
- Ability to work in physically demanding conditions.
- Must be able to commit to shift work as required.
- Must be comfortable plowing snow in subdivisions, in tight spaces, and county roads in all weather conditions.
- Committed to working in a safe and efficient manner, and ability to work in physically demanding conditions.
. • Must have safety tickets, (WHMIS, First Aid, CPR, H2S, and Heavy Equipment Certificate).
. • Required to have CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support.
- Successful candidates are required to have reliable personal transportation, a valid driver’s license.
- Candidates may be subject to criminal record checks, and venerable sector check depending on site requirements
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25, 2022 at 4:30 pm.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com