.5 Cree Teacher
Job posting 19-56
kihiw waciston school – Employment Opportunity
Purpose of the Position:
The Muskeg Lake Cree Nation’s kihiw waciston school is looking for exceptional educators to join our team for the 2019/2020 school year. The Muskeg Lake Cree Nation believes that all of our children have the right to a quality and culturally-sensitive education. We believe that in order to be successful and positive contributors to the Saskatchewan community, our children must have an education that promotes scholastic and personal excellence. The School is located on the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, which is approximately 108 km from Saskatoon.
Teachers work in conjunction with our dedicated team of professional and support staffs to create a positive learning environment as part of our inspired community of learners pursuing student success.
We believe education should contribute to miyo pimȃtisiwin, and be rooted in:
- Bachelor of Education
- Saskatchewan “Professional A” teacher’s certificate;
- Cree Language ability considered “Literate” or “Fluent”
- Experience teaching the Cree language to elementary school students;
- Past experience in a First Nation school is an asset;
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nation Communities and their culture;
- Open to adaptive leadership and value the contribution of all members of the learning community;
- Committed to creative and innovative approaches to improve learning;
- Criminal Record Check (CPIC) and a Vulnerable Sector Check must be provided.
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check.
Please put the subject title as “.5 Cree Teacher” and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, November 19th, 2019 at 4:30 PM CST.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is Tuesday, November 19, 2019.