Job posting #19-60
Under the authority of the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, the Childcare Director is responsible for all duties relating to the planning, organizing, supervising and control of the Childcare Center’s programs and resources. She/he ensures that the Childcare Center operates efficiently, in accordance with the philosophy, policies and objectives established by the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation Chief and Council, and within the specifications of the Saskatchewan First Nations Early Learning Facilities Regulations.
- Welcomes parents and provides them with requested information.
- Encourages and supports participation of parents in the Childcare Center.
- Chairs/facilitates regular parent meetings.
- Supports staff in developing and implementing daily programming for toddlers and preschoolers, based on the Play and Exploration Early Learning Program Guide.
- Supports staff to enroll in ECE post-secondary program to complete required Orientation, Certificate and Diploma programs.
- Maintains and updates files of children/parents utilizing the Center.
- Provides all required reports to STC for the Childcare program.
- Oversees the development of the children in care.
- Supervises the integration of new children and ensures that each child is supported to participate in the program
- Supervises all staff; manages staff scheduling.
- Supervise and maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Liaison with all program partners within the community.
- Works as a team member and strives to create a healthy atmosphere at the center.
- Participates in professional development as required
- Attends meetings as required.
- Follows all policy and procedures set out by Muskeg Lake Cree Nation. Must adhere to confidentiality code.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Certificate, Diploma or degree in Early Childhood Education. Other relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative skills.
- Ability to build strong, positive relationships with parents, children and staff.
- Demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in the Cree language is an asset.
- Knowledge of First Nation culture would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of computer software applications.
- First Aid/CPR, including Infant CPR is required.
- CPIC, valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Salary based on approved Salary Grid.
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “(Job Posting)” to email@example.com by Monday, December 9th, 2019 at 4:30 PM CST.
Only Successful Candidates applicants will be contacted
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is Monday, December 9th, 2019