Director of Operations
Job posting 19-42
Job Summary Muskeg Lake Cree Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual, who will provide leadership, management, mentorship and support to Administration and band owned entities. The Director of Operations will ensure that Muskeg Lake Cree Nation is well-coordinated and productive in support of its vision, mission and strategic priorities.
The Director of Operations reports directly to Chief and Council and is the most senior management position and is responsible for leading, planning, managing and implementing Muskeg Lake Cree Nation’s programs and policies. He/She will assist Chief and Council and staff in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategies and initiatives and provide overall support to program areas, liaison between Chief and Council and staff to ensure effective management and oversight of all program areas and initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads and directs the day to day administrative operations of the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation;
- Ensures approved programming and policies are implemented as per direction provided by Chief and Council;
- Responsible for all aspects of the Strategic planning processes, including leading the development of the plan, documenting, implementing and rolling it out;
- Monitor the financial performance of the First Nation against the budget and report any significant variations and their reasons to Chief and Council;
- Ensures that Muskeg Lake Cree Nation is aware of and follows all aspects of the FMB’s Financial Administration Law Standards;
- Plans and coordinates in conjunction with the program managers, annual budget forecasts, funding proposals and submissions, monthly financial statements, annual audits, and following up to ensure regular updates on funding proposals and sources is provided;
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and updating the Risk Management and Fraud Risk Plans;
- Monitors and controls budget requirements including authorization of expenditures, as authorized by Chief and Council;
- Establishes corporate and department specific goals, objectives and expectations, in conjunction with Chief and Council, and provides direction to managers;
- Directs the development and/or modification of new policies, as needs are identified, to encompass the requirements of the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation;
- Works in conjunction with the Council to assist and participate in the development of negotiating mandates for Program & Service Transfer Agreements, Financial Transfer Agreements, and other agreements and accords;
- Networks and develops positive relationships with all levels of government and private sectors to ensure optimum service levels are being provided;
- Develops communications with MLCN membership to maintain an open and trusting relationship;
- Prepares monthly and annual activity reports for Chief and Council;
- Periodically evaluates the organizational structure and recommends revisions as necessary;
- Develops and fosters a positive relationship with Chief and Council;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a senior executive position for a First Nation, public sector or government service agency along with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of government program and funding agencies and associated requirements.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementation skills.
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
- Demonstrated experience in executive level interaction.
- Financial management skills.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate programs, policies and procedures.
- Experience working at the management level including the ability to direct, supervise and evaluate the performance of personnel.
- Ability to lead, direct and manage program and policy development and delivery.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “Director of Operations ” to email@example.com by Wednesday September 11th, 2019 at 4:30 PM CST.
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is September 11th, 2019.