Finance Clerk – Term Position
Job Posting #17-16
Position Summary: Performs basic accounting functions to ensure proper flow of bills payment and receivables, along with reconciliation of vendor/customer’s account and statements. Prepare custom financial reports on payable and receivable accounts.
• Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized systems.
• Reviews and verifies expenditure, personnel, and purchasing documents for availability of funding, mathematical correctness, and compliance with prevailing policy and state and federal funding requirements.
• Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices and cheque requisitions.
• Bank reconciliations and entries
• Respond to internal and external client inquiries, solve problems, and brief inter department staff regarding finance policies and procedures
• Perform related clerical duties, and maintain records for audit and funding agency
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Previous experience in accounts payable and receivable would be considered an asset
• Well organized, detail oriented, enthusiastic, analytical with problem-solving skills
• Interpersonal skills, oral communication, write reports and correspondence
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
• Knowledge of computerized information systems, (Sage AccPac considered an asset).
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications, and ability to prepare customized reports in Spreadsheet.
• Accounting Diploma or Certificate from recognized institution
• A minimum Grade 12 with experience and training in accounting, computer accounting programs and spreadsheets;
• Experience working for a First Nation organization would be considered an asset
Deadline for application is 4:30pm Friday, May 26, 2017.
Please apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector Check with subject title “Finance Clerk” to: email@example.com