Job posting 19-22
The Muskeg Lake Cree Nation is a dynamic, progressive First Nation located about 100km’s north of Saskatoon. Our on-reserve membership is approximately 450 community members.
The Housing Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations. The Housing Manager is in charge of all housing on Muskeg Lake Cree Nation. He/She is responsible for the day to day operations of the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation Housing Program. The Housing Manager is the supervisor for all housing staff and contractors. In the course of carrying out the above duties, the Housing Manager is required to develop priorities, budgets, follow- up budgets and report as to where the Housing Program is at in relation to the priorities and budgets.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to organize, motivate, delegate, supervise and co-ordinate personnel
- Ability to formulate and administer programs with budget’s
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to read and understand financial reports
- Experience in housing construction, maintenance & management
- Demonstrate sound judgement, analytical and decision- making skills
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the tendering process and requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of INAC and CMHC funding
- Knowledge and understandings of all of First Nations funding programs and reporting requirements
- Knowledge and experience with the implementation of the various housing programs available to First Nation
- Knowledge and understanding of current building codes
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines and commitments
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Housing Committee
- A degree or certificate from a recognized educational institution in business, administration, management, community planning, and construction;
- 5+ years of administrative and construction industry experience;
- Ability to organize, delegate, supervise and coordinate personnel;
- Budgeting experience required;
- Possess and maintain a Valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License;
- Working experience with First Nation people with an understanding of the particular issues encountered by First Nation people.
- All Muskeg Lake Cree Nation positions require a CPIC & Vulnerable Sector Check completed & submitted with application
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “Housing Manager” to email@example.com by Thursday May 23rd, 2019 at 4:30 PM CST.
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is Thursday, May 23rd, 2019.