|Information & Technology Technician
Job Posting #17-23
Under the general administration and supervision of the Principal, the Information & Technology Computer Technician is responsible for providing technical support to all end-users and a user friendly and profession manner. The Computer Technician also performs immediate analysis of customer problems (software, hardware and network) and implements corrective actions to restore function and avoid recurrence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer user support requests either through phone, e-mail or via the ticketing system in a timely fashion and to the satisfaction of the users
- Provide technical and professional development support for staff and students
Carry out specific tasks including but not limited to:
Troubleshooting problems, OS and software installation,
- Collect, compile and maintain workstation and server software/hardware information to ensure software licensing requirements are met and inventory is up to date.
- Assist new users by providing training and orientation on the school’s IT policies and procedure
- Administrator in various projects
- Create/Update documentation, manuals, policies and procedures for internal use following documentation standards.
- Make recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions
- Produce reports of work done for management on a monthly basis.
- Post-Secondary education program in computer science or a related discipline (Three- or four-year degree programs, two-year diploma programs and one-year certificate programs_ and or directly related experience and duties managing and operating (servicing) technical computer systems.
- The ability to remain patient and persistent when dealing with frustrating problems and frustrated users
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and present education/training to MLCN staff as required.
- Valid drivers license & reliable vehicle
- Position will require a Criminal Records Check (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Check
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “IT Technician to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16th, 2019 at 4:30 PM CST.
Deadline is May 16th, 2019