Kihiw Waciston School requires a Oskapew for the 2017-2018 school year. The oskapew must have training and experience in working with Elders and must have knowledge in Cree protocol. This person must have experience in Cree ceremonies, Cree stories, Pow-Wow singing & dancing, Round Dance Singing and regalia making.
The applicant will work with children:
- Kindergarten to grade 6 who need practice in following traditional protocol
- Work collaboratively with special education teacher and homeroom teachers
- Meet with community elders and co-teach Cree traditions in the school
- Instruct pow-wow singing and Round Dance singing in the school
- Prepare Pow-wow and Round Dance gatherings for the school
- Prepare students for preparing feasts and traditional school driven activities in the school
- Excellent verbal, written and technological communications skills required
- Experience working with children and school setting is considered an asset
- Experience in reporting is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of First nations communities, schools and their culture
- Must understand and speak the Cree language
- Must have a class 5 drivers license
- Criminal Record (CPIC) and a Vulnerable Sector check must be provided.
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “Oskapew” to email@example.com by January 19th, 2018 at 4:30 PM CST.
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is January 19th, 2018.