The secretary is to perform duties under the general direction of the school Principal. The Principal is responsible for the supervision of the administrative assistant’s work and will determine the tasks to be performed within the major areas of responsibility.
Skills & Qualifications
- Specifically, the major areas of responsibility are;
- Secretarial and clerical tasks associated with the School’s office
- Secretarial and clerical tasks required by Teachers
- Secretarial and clerical tasks associated with the coordinator’s office and the library/resource center.
- Able to create and maintain functioning filing systems
- Able to use the computer in various programming and networking including the electronic message board
- Able to assist staff with computer support
- Able to deal professionally with public on phone and in person
- Able to use office time efficiently and independently for the benefit of the School.
- Able to monitor all incoming calls and use the paging system appropriately
- Able to work as a staff team member in being available to assist in preparing, creating, and assisting teacher requests in the area of class material preparation
- Able to order materials for school such as food, materials and supplies, paper supplies, custodian supplies, etc.
- Able to process mail delivery and shipping orders
- Able to deal professionally in sending and receiving faxes and emails
- Able to tend to other duties as assigned by the Administration (e.g. Monthly bill payments, invoicing, typing the annual report, monthly staff attendance, nominal roll, Maplewood input, editing of documents, education policy etc.).
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “Administrative Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24th, 2018 at 4:30 PM CST.
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is January 24th, 2018.