Kindergarten, Grade 1 Teacher
Job posting 19-29
kihiw waciston school – Employment Opportunity
Purpose of the Position:
The Muskeg Lake Cree Nation’s kihiw waciston school is looking for exceptional educators to join our team for the 2019/2020 school year. The Muskeg Lake Cree Nation believes that all of our children have the right to a quality and culturally-sensitive education. We believe that in order to be successful and positive contributors to the Saskatchewan community, our children must have an education that promotes scholastic and personal excellence. The School is located on the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, which is approximately 108 km from Saskatoon.
Teachers work in conjunction with our dedicated team of professional and support staffs to create a positive learning environment as part of our inspired community of learners pursuing student success.
We believe education should contribute to miyo pimȃtisiwin, and be rooted in:
Preference will be given to teachers who:
- Have training or experience in teaching Kindergarten and Grade 1;
- Are committed to responsive curriculum and instruction;
- Are committed to fair and purposeful assessment;
- Are committed to success for all learners through inclusive and effective practices;
- Have knowledge of Cree culture and traditions;
- Saskatchewan “Professional A” teacher’s certificate;
- Successful teaching experience with diverse or intensive needs students is an asset;
- Excellent verbal, written and technological communications skills required;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Open to adaptive leadership and value the contribution of all members of the learning community;
- Committed to creative and innovative approaches to improve learning;
- Criminal Record Check (CPIC) and a Vulnerable Sector Check must be provided.
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check. Please put the subject title as “Kindergarten Grade 1 Teacher” and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday June 17th, 2019 at 4:30 PM CST.
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is June 17th, 2019.