Lands & Economic Development Manager- Term Position
Job posting 19-04
Purpose of the Position: The Lands & Economic Development Manager is responsible for managing land administration and maintaining land records in order to ensure that Muskeg Lake Cree Nation land is used in an appropriate manner. The successful applicant will also manage and lead all rural economic development opportunities.
Job Summary: The position is responsible for management of land activities for MLCN, these activities are determined under the MLCN Land Code and related Land Laws. The position will provide support to other areas that are related to MLCN Lands including Land Use Planning, Environmental Management and resource management. The position will also provide support to the MLCN Land Advisory Authority. This position will also offer the chance to prepare business opportunity analysis of rural reserve lands and oversee current businesses to optimize opportunities and ventures.
Skills & Requirements
- Land use planning theories, practices, legislation and by-laws.
- Land use application and appeals process
- Land claims and negotiations processes
- Reading and interpretations of maps and satellite images
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Federal funding requirements
- Experience with Economic Development
- An understanding of MLCN cultural and political environment
- Team building
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Land & Environment Management
- Excellent communications skills
- Reserve Land and Environment Management Program (RLEMP) would be an asset
- Working knowledge of PC Software Applications
- Valid Driver’s License,
- All Muskeg Lake Cree Nation positions require a CPIC completed & submitted with application
Will spend long hours in an office setting, some light lifting of supplies and materials. Organizational skills are an asset.
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “(Job Posting)” to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 11th, 2019 at 4:30 PM CST.
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is Monday, February 11th, 2019.