Maintenance/Janitor Technician – Full Time Position
Job posting 18-19
We are currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Maintenance/Janitor Technician. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as the need arises. The Maintenance/Janitor Technician will be responsible for cleaning, sanitizing and general maintenance of offices, classrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, gymnasium, hallways and other public areas in our kihiw waciston school. This is fantastic opportunity to earn competitive pay and full-time benefits.
- Perform general clean-up of all areas of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition
- Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space, sidewalks and parking lot
- Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified requirements
- Perform minor repairs
- Notify supervisors of major repairs
- Keep and inventory of cleaning supplies to ensure that they are in stock
- Remove garbage and recycling daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
- Ensure doors are locked after hours
- High school diploma/GED required
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work well under minimal supervision
- Handle basic maintenance, building repairs, cleaning and other janitorial work
- Ability to use basic cleaning equipment
- Capacity to take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid Driver’s License
- All Muskeg Lake Cree Nation positions require a CPIC & Vulnerable Sector Check
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “Maintenance/Janitor Technician” to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 14th 2018 at 4:30 PM CST.
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is
Friday, September 14th, 2018.