Medical Transportation Clerk
Job posting 19-49
We are currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as the Medical Transportation Clerk. Under the direction of the Director of Health, the Medical Transportation Clerk is responsible for administering and coordinating medical transportation for all on-reserve membership and members of the community. He/She will network and contact medical centers, confirm appointments and deal with the First Nation and Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB) help line. The Medical Transportation Clerk will also support and communicate the schedule on a daily basis with the Medical Taxi drivers.
- Administer medical transportation in accordance with FNIHB medical & MLCN traditional healing policy
- Schedule Medical appointments for clients as needed
- Provide Certified Medical Attendance forms to all clients as needed
- Process requests for private mileage to clients that are eligible
- Network with medical centers to confirm, cancel or change appointments
- Coordinate the schedule for Medical Taxi drivers
- Complete Purchase Order Requests for the medical transportation program
- Submit monthly/quarterly reports to the Director of Health and FNIHB
- Schedule regular maintenance of medical transportation vans
- Maintain confidentiality of all work and client related information in accordance with policy.
- Supervise medical taxi drivers
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma
- Knowledge of FNIHB Medical Transportation Framework
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Knowledge of the MLCN community & programs is an asset
- Ability to work well with others in a team approach, and adapt to changing situations.
- Maintain sensitivity to clients’ cultural and/or political background
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage time effectively as well as ensuring maintenance of required records.
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “Medical Transportation Clerk” to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, October 17th 2019 at 4:30 PM CST.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is
October 17th, 2019