Job posting 18-20
.72 FTS (25 hours per week)
Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) is an evidence-based program that works with families in the home to support parents, primarily mother, in their critical roles as their child’s first and most important teacher. HIPPY strengthens families and communities by empowering mothers to actively prepare their children for success in school.
The core of the HIPPY program is a structured home visit that:
- Delivers a curriculum based on the needs of the children to become school-ready;
- Recognized role-play as the method of teaching the skills needed to implement the
child-centered curriculum; and
- Features a peer home visitor system that enables mothers, who may be hard to reach due to social isolation, poverty, language, or other cultural issues, to fell comfortable participating in the program
Well-trained peer Home Visitors deliver books and 30 weeks of high-quality curriculum activities directly to parents who then work 15-20 minutes a day with their own three, four, and five-year-old children. HIPPY Home Visitors share the language, culture and life experiences of the families they serve and are frequently mothers who participated in the HIPPY program with their own children. Working for HIPPY is often the first job in Canada for many mothers employed as Home Visitors, highlighting HIPPY’s commitment to prepare Home Visitors for their next job in the work force.
HIPPY empowers mothers as the primary educators of their children in the home and fosters their involvement in school and community to strengthen mother-child relationship and to maximize successful early school experience.
- Experience with children ages 3-5 year;
- Training in child development and/or comparative training;
- willing to take further training;
- Understanding and Awareness of local Cultural milieu;
- Applicant must possess a good “Attitude” and able to take Direction;
- Willing and able to work with children with diverse and specific needs (Behavior/Special Needs);
- Individual with PATIENCE and INITIATIVE/WILLINGNESS TO ADAPT;
- Drivers license and reliable vehicle;
The HIPPY Home Visitor will be apart will be apart of an early learning education team with a major focus on 3-5-year old’s; and to include mentoring parents, home visits, resource sharing and training, life-skills, computer assisted instruction, problem solving and other relevant skills.
- Criminal Background check (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement for the successful applicant.
Application deadline: Friday September 14th, 2018
Send Resumes to:
Human Resources Department- Muskeg Lake Band Office
Please apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title: “Mothers Matter” to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 14th, 2018 at 4:30pm