PARK SERVICE WORKER – Term Position
To provide an opportunity for an individual to gain and strengthen skills that will assist them in achieving their future career aspirations and to provide an opportunity to contribute to the advocacy for the park, open spaces and the environment in Muskeg Lake Cree Nation. Additionally, survival skills will be acquired through independent camping by means of maintaining camping area, fishing, and food preparation.
- Cutting grass with machinery, weed-eaters and push lawn mowers; horticulture tasks such as planting and maintaining flowers and shrub beds; vegetation management; general facility servicing.
- Move and transport waste and materials
- Load and unload materials from service vehicles
- Operate power equipment such as: chainsaws, push lawn mowers, trimmers, edger’s and small rototillers
- Use tools such as shovels, rakes, stake pounders, and small hand tools
- Assist Maintenance Repairpersons and more experienced staff and perform other related duties as required
- Ability to operate and maintain all Parks related machinery and equipment.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- CPIC & Vulnerable Sector Check – to be submitted with application
- First Aid Certification would is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and to accomplish tasks and assignments.
- Ability to deal effectively with co-workers and the public.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good physical condition and able to perform heavy manual labor.
- The successful candidate will also possess exceptional hospitality service skills.
PLEASE GO TO www.muskeglake.com for a complete Job description.
Please apply by sending a resume, CPIC, Vulnerable Sector Check and cover letter with subject title “Park Service Worker” to email@example.com by Monday, April 24, 2017 at 4:30 PM CST.
*Preference will be given to MLCN community members
*Only successful candidates will be contacted