Job posting 19-05
Job Summary the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation Social Development Team is seeking to fill MLCN’s Prevention Worker position. This position is a full-time with responsibilities for the prevention program that addresses and meets the unique needs of the individuals and families of Muskeg Lake Cree Nation.
The Prevention Worker will work to increase the overall well-being of our family units by providing resources, supports and effective coping strategies that will assist them to become good parents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Social Programs manager, Work closely with the Social Development team,
- Introduce and communicate the Prevention Program to the community
- Coordinate and promote awareness & educational workshops, parenting programs, and other supportive activities
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding all clients, conversations and referrals
- Provide information, referrals and support services to families
- Confirming Appointments
- Should be familiar with FSIN and CFS Act
- Knowledge of Jordan’s Principal
- BISW or BSW and/or training and experience in the Human Service field
- Knowledge of Muskeg Lake Cree Nation’s language customs, traditions, and values is an asset
- Ability to speak Cree a definite asset
- Knowledge of case management, wrap-around case management, crisis intervention procedures, child protection, child-in-care services and protocols
- Experience in interviewing and counselling techniques
- Working knowledge of PC software applications
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks are required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “Prevention Worker” to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 15th , 2019 at 4:30 PM CST.
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is Friday, March 15th, 2019.