Job posting 19-06
Job Summary The Security Worker position is a term position with responsibilities to deliver a security program that addresses and meets the unique needs of the individuals and families of the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation. This position reports directly to the Office Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Patrol MLCN and monitor band buildings, to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Administrative functions as related to the normal course of duties, i.e., filing, report distribution photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Work cooperatively with the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation Administration. Leadership, Program Managers, Committees, and Front-line workers.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with the RCMP and other Emergency Response Agencies, and all partners included.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding any information or action required in the course of duties in accordance with corporate and legal requirements.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation’s, traditions, values and customs
- Working knowledge of PC Software Applications
- high level of stress and prioritize critical tasks
- Calm responsible manner and an effective communicator – oral and written
- Must be able to work shifts and be considered on-call for emergencies when available
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Valid Saskatchewan driver’s license
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must submit to and pass a criminal record and security clearance check
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, CPIC & Vulnerable Sector check with subject title “Security” to email@example.com by Friday, March 15th, 2019 at 4:30 PM CST.
Deadline for application and/ or resume submission is Friday, March 15th, 2019.