Muskeg Lake Cree Nation
P.O. Box 224 Marcelin SK S0J 1R0
Department: Public Works
Reporting to the Manager of Public Works this position will be responsible for the overall safe and efficient operations of the Water and Waste Water Treatment Infrastructure for the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation.
Main Job Duties:
1. Undertake routine inspections and testing as required by regulations and operational requirements and to keep current all daily, weekly, monthly and annual checklists and testing records and of all inspections and testing for the Water Treatment and Sewage Disposal Plants;
2. Be knowledgeable in biological filter/Reverse Osmosis Water Plant operations and processes;
3. Be knowledgeable in Waste-Water Collection and Treatment processes;
4. Ensure that Muskeg Lake Cree Nation Water Treatment Plant operations meet and exceed regulatory and legally required guidelines for water quality and waste water treatment;
5. Be able to undertake the physical demands required with plant operations and maintenance;
6. Be computer literate and have competencies with SCADA and windows based software;
7. Have knowledge and understanding of lab testing procedures and protocols;
8. Have excellent mechanical knowledge & experience with pipe repairs, distribution systems and physical plant systems/assets;
9. Undergo ongoing training as required;
10. Notify the Manager of Public Works of any mechanical problems or system problems;
11. Be able to respond to alarm calls and/or make minor repairs to all plant systems and mechanical distribution lines in the distribution systems.
12. Have a commitment to excellence and an understanding of the over-all responsibility which is encompassed within the role as a plant operator;
13. Undertake and complete any other designated facilities maintenance of the Plants as directed by the Manager of Public Works.
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
1. Class two (2) Water Distribution and Treatment Certification;
2. Class one (1) Waste Water Treatment and Collection Certification;
3. Five (5) years of practical experience operating a plant of similar caliber;
4. Confined Space Entry certification is considered an asset;
5. Ability to work alone and safely under minimal supervision;
6. Experience in a cross cultural work environment is considered an asset.
7. Valid Driver’s License.
8. CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Check
Please apply by sending a resume with cover letter, CIPIC & Vulnerable Sector Check, a copy of your valid Driver’s License – with subject title “Water Treatment Plant Operator”
To: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22, 2017 at 4:30 PM CST.