MUSKEG LAKE CREE NATION
P.O. Box 248
January 5, 2018
Re: Muskeg Lake Cree Nation Election for Chief and Council
Please be advised that a Chief Electoral Officer has been recommended by the Election Committee and the recommendation was approved via Band Council Resolution by Council at a duly convened meeting on December 13th, 2017. According to Section 7 of An Act Respecting the Government Elections and Related Regulations of the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation (“Election Act”), the election shall be held on the second Monday in February during an election year. Accordingly, this year’s election will be held on Monday, February 12, 2018.
The following is a list of key dates that will apply to this year’s election in accordance with the Election Act:
Key Elections Dates:
- December 13, 2017 – The latest date on which Council could appoint the Chief Electoral Officer. As discussed above, this steps has been completed.
- No later than January 7, 2018– Publically Post notice of nomination meeting
- January 12, 2018 – The latest date on which the Chief Electoral Officer shall publicly post a list of all eligible voters and notice of the place and time of the election
- January 28, 2018 – Nomination Meeting (kihiw waciston School gym 10am – 7pm)
- January 30, 2016 – The latest date which a nominee may withdraw from the election
- January 31, 2018 – List of candidates to be posted by the Chief Electoral Officer
- February 10, 2018 – Advance polling station (Edmonton, Prince Albert, Saskatoon- hotels locations to be posted) (10:00am to 7:00pm)
- February 12, 2018 – Election Day (kihiw waciston School gym 10am – 7pm)
For those members who require a mail in ballot, they should be requested from the MLCN Offices via phone call or via email request to:
Phone – (306) 466-4959 or email the MLCN Office at Mlcnelection2018@muskeglake.com
Thank you again for ongoing support of our MLCN 2018 Band Elections.
Director of Operations