Our goal is to encourage community members to nurture their overall well-being by providing effective prevention programs with an integrated approach. We will work to ensure our programs and services are holistic in nature.
- For babies and school-age children
- Yearly flu shots
Communicable Disease Control
- To promote and support the prevention and control of communicable diseases in Muskeg Lake. CDC includes testing, treatment and education.
Home & Community Care
Home & Community Care is a program designed to help families maintain independent living for the home-care client.
- The program assists clients with in-home care and access to services and current information
- The home-care nurse completes assessments at the request of individuals or family members
- The success of this program for an individual depends on the individual’s compliance and the family’s support
- Home Care does not take the place of the family
There are two dental therapy programs:
- Children’s Oral Health Initiative (COHI) for children 0-5 years
- Community Dental Therapist for all band members
How to apply: Contact the band office for an appointment
CAP – Community Addictions Program
Prevention activities are aimed at preventing serious alcohol and drug-abuse problems and include:
- Public-awareness campaigns
- Public meetings
- Public speaking
- Developing content for schools on alcohol and drug abuse
- School programs
- News media work
- Cultural and spiritual events
- Other addictions such as gambling
This program provides medical transportation to on-reserve members for their medical appointments.
How to use the service
Transportation Coordinator: Christine Zinn
Contact the Health Office to book medical transportation.